Wednesday, December 15, 2010
What to do at Christmas?
I have spent too many days on the run. My wife and I raised 5 kids and that will keep you busy, especially at Christmas. So many stores to visit, so many gifts to get, so many parties to attend. The only thing we run out of quicker than money at Christmas, is time. So what can you do this year? Here is some well earned wisdom. Just slow down. Take more time to visit, and listen to what is happening in the lives all around you. Everyone has a story to tell, but not enough listeners to go around. Years from now, when we all look back we won't remember those who were too busy, but we will remember those who slowed down enough to listen, and visit, and care. The most deeply satisfying times in my life are always the times when I have taken enough time to really connect with people. So this Christmas do something very different from the rest of the American world all around you. Slow down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment