Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Adventure is your food!
I love to ride my horse, Arizona. Riding through the woods, streams, and hills is exciting, and it feeds my heart. My son's have done some crazy things. One of them drove a four wheel drive Jeep into a ravine one night, and broke his nose. I was grateful he wasn't hurt more. One of them went rock jumping a few years ago, in the mountains. My grandson's biggest thrill so far is to drive his little tractor in my yard. We climb too high, swim too far, and just generally push the limits in nearly everything we do. Why do we cross oceans, climb mountains, and dive deep into oceans. It's because adventure has been programmed into our hearts by our creator. The reason that the wright brothers flew at kittyhawk was because there was something inside that drove them to fly. I am driving through New England this week and standing on the edge of the ocean on some very large rocks. Standing there on the edge feeds something in my soul, because I was made for adventure. Every man was made for adventure, but sometimes we have to search for it. If you haven't found what feeds your soul, then keep looking for it. You were made for adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment